Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jo-se can you play?

I fell asleep a few nights ago still with fresh cheers of "Jose! Jose! Jose!" stuck in my head.

Jose Theodore, a much maglined goaltender, freshly departed from Montreal two years ago, was no more than an overpriced backup at the start of the season.

However, now, he is playing as well as any Avalanche goalie has played in recent memory...and is drawing comparisons to the fabled #33, *gasp*.

I have always been a Jose Theodore apologist. I always knew that he could play, but just couldn't understand why he couldn't.

A goalie myself, I understand what happens when you lose confidence. However, I have not gone from the high of winning the Vezina trophy to backup on a team struggling with their goaltending. Nor have I ever been largley distracted by this girl.

My men's league is a little different, so is my girlfriend.

No comments: