Monday, February 4, 2008

Back to the action...

I write this while simultaneously watching the Avalanche game on an idle Monday night. By the way, watching hockey in High-Def is amazing, if you've never done it, I suggest you try it. I digress.

First things first, rumors are circulating that Peter the Great, or to those of you non-puckheads, Peter Forsberg, is considering a return to the NHL. While I'm not surprised, I am weary of this potential danger.

While Forsberg is a rare talent, in his prime scoring from anywhere on the ice and imposing his will on opposing defenders, he has been an injury liability. I would be weary to spend all the money it would take to sign him as a free agent, and then have him get hurt.

One of those teams who would consider signing the Swede would be my hometown team, the Colorado Avalanche. Speaking of the Avs, how about the play of maligned goalkeeper Jose Theodore? Jose has been playing exceptionally for a team that has been struggling offensively as of late, especially on the power-play. When someone really needed to step up for this hockey club, Jose has done just that. Don't believe me? Denver Post and ESPN hockey buff Terry Frei agrees.

Naturally, as I write this very blog, T.J. Hensick just put in his second power-play goal of the night. Shows what I know. Go Avs.

No comments: