Monday, February 18, 2008

Rivalry Week

So I've had a few hours to cool down. But wow, what a past few weeks. First, the Avalanche blow out the Vancouver No-Cups, also known as the Canucks.

Then the CSU vs. CU hockey game a few weeks ago.

Then the Avs get blown out of the water against Detroit tonight.

Rivalries all around.

First off, I would just like to say that I love college hockey. The more I watch, the more I fall in love. Whether it be watching #1 in the nation Michigan, or Colorado State in a club level division II leauge, it is played with so much emotion. I fully believe that emotion is something that sometimes lacks from college hockey's professional counterpart.

Don't believe me?

Fine. Go watch an NHL game, then let me hit you with some knowledge.

First Period
Second Period
Third Period

I just love the pure emotion that collegiate hockey is played with. It's like college football. The rivalries mean more. The games have more at stake, it's more for the hockey purist.

In other NHL news. Richard Zednick is out of the hospital and proabably won't return next season. But hey, after a severed artery, who can complain?

Until next time, keep your head on a swivel and your stick on the ice. (I still have a problem with that).

3 comments:

Jeff Browne said...

I hope that's a photo you took.

Unknown said...

College hockey is awesome especially DU and CC games. But unlike basketball where college players will lose a lot of passion going into the NBA, the NHL works hard to keep that passion going.

Cole said...

it is my own photo. good one huh