Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Put Up or Shut Up

Let me just tell you, Rick DiPietro is a man. I'm not trying to be sexist, I just don't know any other way to put it. Dipierto is one of the few reasons that the New York Islanders are any good at all. DiPietro led his team to a shootout victory tonight, and he made a ridiculous glove save lying down across the crease. If you have a minute, take a look at it.
How about Put up or Shut off? Like shutting off Slick Ricks microphone during the NHL All-Star game. Ricky D, unknowingly dropped an F-Bomb during the all star game, after tweaking a hip injury while making a save during the shootout event.

WARNING: this clip does contain the F-word. Don't watch if you'll be offended.




Speaking of shootouts, my beloved Avalanche lost in a shootout to the Ducks tonight in a shootout. They didn't put up. The Avs have lost to the Ducks three times this season, and have suffered their first five game losing streak in almost a decade. Such is life, but if the Avalanche are going to try to make the playoffs, five game skids are not the way to go.

Trade deadline is coming up in the NHL, and as my good friend put it, "It's like Christmas day for me." I can't help but agree.

All I know is that Peter the Great will not be returning to the NHL. Or will he? I don't think Peter knows, but talk about put up or shut up, Peter needs to quit stringing these teams along, and just figure out what he wants to do.

The Montreal Canadiens put up huge and made a huge comback last night over the New York Rangers. See for yourself. There are few words.




That's all I got, till next time: Keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: